Real RLD Blog
Home@ix "The Best Move You'll Ever Make!"
Placemaking Basics; by, for and of the people. Basics by RealRLD coming soon. Our Requirements and Approach
I have been working on a Briefing document for our London Architects.
I am highly critical of the UK Planning system and how it has responded to artificial price signals which both Central and Local Government policies have encouraged along with private financing PONZI schemes that have evolved out of the buy to rent and buy to let FAD. I consider it a Fad although it has developed over the past 20 years.
My simple idea is to do Place making in the same way that Henry Ford brought the Model T to the US. My focus is very much stack em high and sell em cheap.
The Gaps I have identified in the Hotel, Office and Residential markets all relate to an absence of affordable basic unbranded product at the Entry level and budget end of the market. I believe that AI and the continued squeezed middle is going to be with us for the next two property cycles at least and wish to cut our own cloth based upon that belief.
Given the radicalism which I bring to the table I feel it is only fair to point this out to you dear readers, I really am the guy who is saying everyone is doing it wrong and this is What is needed and how to do it.
The new focus of RLD "placemaking" is as described in the recent article in Property Week.
Over the past 25 years a Gap has opened in the market between what is affordable and what is built to address the shortage of Affordable Residential property.
The Definition of help to buy in london is a range up to 600k.
Development has gone high rise and targeted at the Buy to rent markets often specifically for investors in the Far East. Or Buy to Let landlords in the UK.
S 106 provision of Affordable Social Housing has not addressed the dynamics of a housing market where the children of families can remain within communities. This problem has been known about with attempts to address it in Rural areas where Holiday home and second home buyers price out Villagers. In Urban Centres Commutes have got longer and more expensive. This recent "Action on Empty homes" report nails the problem in my opinion.
Action on Empty Homes campaigns for more empty homes to be brought into use for people in housing need. Our aims are to: ■ Raise awareness of the waste of long-term empty homes. ■ Campaign for changes to national policy. ■ Support loca o: ■ Raise awareness of the waste of long-term empty homes. ■ Campaign for changes to national policy. ■ Support local communities in transforming their neighbourhoods. ■ Provide advice for those seeking to bring empty homes back into use. ■ Research and develop ideas for bringing long-term empty homes back into use for those in housing need.
If people make places and communities ( I think that they do), then the provision of the basic spaces for communities to "Make their own" over time is the essence of our new concept. Our Budget Live Work Thrive "Be the event" comprehensive development approach of Placemaking Basics by for and of the people and their community.
In Urban contexts and in Suburban or rural contexts the same basic principles apply.
The Masthouse terrace developments led by Dr Barraclough are the ethical template for this new approach to filling the Affordable Places Lacuna in London and other UK towns and Cities.
Our Broad requirements.
1. 1n 2018 I started developing an Internet of things automated Motel concept and started studying the Co-working concept and Co Living concept, Rent 24 in Berlin and Runway East in London rather than We Work , where I always smelt a rat.
2 .I came to London in January of this year (2020) to look at a Property in Charlotte street where I wanted to build the first Hackertel, a Cellular Hotel and Hacking events venue. I also looked at the Skills Matter business which went into administration in October 2019. Charlotte street was withdrawn from the market and I have looked at other locations in The Old Street Area and currently have two sites in Docklands where I am working on off market site assembly deals.
3. Across my core investment partnership Group we have 100 million Stirling to target at Place making, mixed use schemes In London, Manchester, Glasgow and Belfast I have also looked at some of the larger satellite towns to London for the Hackertel concept, the closest thing to our Concept is Premier Inn's Zip in Cardiff.
4. Our core requirements are for between 15-50,000 sqft existing buildings for conversion. between 15-40,000 sqft for individual Hotel, Residential or Office schemes or for mixed use schemes up to 300,000 sq ft with or without planning, 300K sqft is at the top end of our range.
5. with or without planning for Office, residential or Hotel uses. We have looked at Kingston Bridge House, Gerald Eve marketed it earlier this year and I also Looked at Beales in Bournemouth, both are under offer to other parties but I remain interested in all Three properties should they come back on to the market.
6. I am particularly interested in Fitzrovia and the northern City Fringes. as well as Docklands and M25 satellite towns and other regional cities.
7. As with my Old RLD group, RLD limited will manage special purpose vehicles in Joint Ventures for our Private equity partners, who are around the world in USA, UAE, Israel, Dubai, Australia, The Philippines and China. I am BAck now for at least the next decade starting immediately.
8. If anything occurs to you let me know we are happy to recognise introductions and also to consider JV's, Confidentiality is guaranteed and NDA's welcomed,
Placemaking Basics Making Affordable communities again !
#MAPA #MAGA #MEGA #BREXIT
Fred Trump Slays The King Of Cooperative Housing