Tyche (/ˈtaɪki/; from Greek: Τύχη, meaning "luck"; Roman equivalent: Fortuna) was the presiding tutelary deity that governed the fortune and prosperity of a city, its destiny. She is the daughter of Aphrodite and Zeus or Hermes.
Lady luck you might say?
Six honest working Men. Tychastic Principles of Market realism.
Lady luck you might say?
"I keep six honest serving-men
(They taught me all I knew);
Their names are What and Why and When
And How and Where and Who.
I send them over land and sea,
I send them east and west;
But after they have worked for me,
I give them all a rest."
The Melt fund was a satirical web site which appeared in the great recession following the 2008 Finance Debacle
essentially it sets out acerbically and ironically the greater fool aspects of a Market Value belief system based upon the greater fool theory. Its guiding principle is founded in Henry Georges ideas on the single land tax as set out in Progress and Poverty.
The Melt fund was written closely with The Author of this excellent Paper lodged in the House of Commons online library in 2011.
The relationship between Money created by Banks, Taxation levied by Governments and market prices is very clearly stated in the following paragraphs from the report.
15. Taxation comprises three fundamental economic parts:
l Creation of the medium of taxation and issue into the economy
l Distribution of the medium of taxation through the economy
l Collection of the medium of taxation
17. Modern taxation systems are still based around the creation, distribution and collection of tokens, but the tokens now take electronic rather than physical form. These tokens are bookkeeping entries in the banking system. The structure of the taxation system and the economy it controls is determined by the rules under which these electronic bookkeeping tokens are created, distributed and collected. Coins and notes are still issued in small quantity but are subsidiary to the banking system’s bookkeeping entries.
19. “Contemporary governments grant the exclusive power to issue the medium of taxation to a state-sanctioned banking cartel. The banking cartel comprises a central bank and private member banks. The central bank is responsible for price-fixing, information sharing, promoting member interests and preventing member defaults. Serving the public interest is not a primary goal of a central bank. The cartel holds the exclusive power to set the price of and issue the medium of taxation. Governments generally prohibit the issue of alternative media for exchange and mandate payments of taxes only in the cartel-issued medium.”
52. Development of the tax system has been constrained by political reality and driven by the demands of vested interests in finance and real estate. The fundamental principles of tax policy should explicitly incorporate the money system and the welfare system. The tax system is not fit for purpose and is beyond repair. It should be replaced by an efficient, neutral and distortion-free system based around clearly defined recurrent payments from owners of land, immovable property and natural resources based on contract law. Means-tested welfare should be replaced by a Citizens’ Dividend distributing the financial surpluses of government arising from such reforms.
53. The transition to a new, principled tax system should be on an “opt-in” basis where people can choose to permanently leave the old system when they can benefit from so doing. The effect of such a transition would be an rapid and dramatic revival in economic performance without battling political headwinds.
54. The principles outlined here fully meet all the objectives of the OECD tax report and the Mirrlees Review. They meet Smith’s canons of taxation and adhere to orthodox and common heterodox academic analysis. They are comprehensible and achievable.
When considering Market prices the recent gyrations in crude oil prices are also instructive of the Demand side of the equation as well as that of the supply side.
the Stark contrast between US Gas Prices over European ones strikes me as relevant to a much wider context.
us. 2.91 per gallon
Sweden 6.42 per gallon
Germany 5.85 per gallon
Russia 2.80 per gallon
China 3.96 per gallon
The Affordability ratios are very interesting
1.63 % US and 14.81 % China
% of income spent is also interesting
1.93% US and 0.49% China
Who gets What from a Gallon of Oil.
31% Crude Price 20% Industry Margin 49% Tax.
#Wasssupppp Putting it all together, Energy, Debt, War, Sanctions, Elitism, Money Money Money. #Trump #Hall #EROI #EmboddiedEnergy #CircularEconomy
The Melt Fund
From the Career siide of things heres my old consultancy firm web site from 2000 as well.
And from my brief life as Lord of the manor you might find this web site
of some passing interest.
The Belmont Estate
The Belmont Estate has continued albeit that some artistic historical revisionism edits out the key role played in saving the derelict shell I found in 2002. The North Somerset planners and the National Trust were both obstacles too and a huge drag on the project seeking to frustrate our efforts at every turn. The present Owners it seems are either unaware of this or are telling a completely different Story.
If you want to drill down into the tides of political economy driving the context for real Estate Investment in London as a Global Capital city Talk to Roger Lewis.